Monday, June 24, 2013

Writer's Camp

Right now, I'm at writing camp - I'm having a lot of fun, and I hope I can manage to write more blog posts. I was planning to post pictures of my midwest trip, but I don't have my camera with me. Maybe I'll write a "this summer" post at the beginning of the school year, and post pictures of everything I've done.
I promised you a post with reviews of historical fiction and classics, but I haven't been able to read much lately, and no books immediately come to mind. Frankly, as I believe I've said before, historical fiction is not my favorite genre - so I don't read much of it. I like classics, though, and I think I'll be able to make a decent list later... maybe when I come home. I'm super stoked for a C. S. Lewis book I checked out of the library - not one of the Narnia books, I think it's more mature and philosophical. I'm also reading a sci-fi novel called Congo, which I also reccomend if sci-fi is your thing. 

14 comments:

  1. Writing camp sounds awesome! I usually do Movie History camp (proud nerd) but I'll have to miss it this year for my NYC trip. Which was home to some of the most famous authors :). And what's the C.S Lewis book? I love philosophy books. Have you ever read Sophie's World? It's by a Norwegian author, Jostein Gaardner. It's very surrealist, but while being a fictional novel it teaches you all about the major figures in philosophy. I think everyone should read it. It's a strange experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movie history camp sounds like so much fun... but New York is awesome! The book is called *Till We Have Faces*. No, I've never read *Sophie's world*, but thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you are! What are you in this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I've nominated you for a Liebster award! For more details go here:
    http://gorillalegs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. We may have very potentially quite probably also nominated you for a Leibster Award, to be found here:
    www.theirfancies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I've also nominated you for a Liebster award to be found here:
    http://unlockingpandorasbox.blogspot.ae/2013/07/in-which-i-talk-about-myself-lot.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, two, have nominated you for a leibster! Go on my blog, I wrote the questions down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - all the nominations mean so much to me.

      Delete
  7. Hi lol I'm sorry i didn't found your blog earlier, I would've nominate you for liebster too! There's just so much books in your blog I had to rewrite my to-read list xD have fun in writing camp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you searching for Intellectual Property Lawyer in US? Lex Protector is a leading intellectual property firm. We provide IP Consultation. We specialize in patent services, trademarks, copyright, commercial IP, IP enforcement, dispute resolution & more.
    DMCA Takedown Notice
    Trademark Registration

    ReplyDelete